Efeito da associação da aplicação topica profissional de fluor e dentifricio fluoretado na desmineralização do esmalte e na composição bioquimica e microbiologica da placa dental in situ
Adriana Franco Paes Leme
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The combination of methods of fluoride use has been suggested for high caries risk individuaIs or groups, but its additive effect on dental caries is not clearly established. Thus, this combination was evaluated in situ under high cariogenic challenge induced by the ftequency of sucrose exposure. Sixteen volunteers, using a palatal acrylic appliance containing four bovine dental enamel blocks, took part in this crossover study done in four phases of 14 days each. The volunteers were subjected to the following groups of treatments: 1 - Non-fluoridateddentiftice (PD); 2 - Fluoridated dentiftice (FD); 3 -Acidulated phosphate fluoride gel (APF) and PD (APF+PD); 4 - APF+FD. APF was applied to the enamel before the experimentalperiod and the dentiftices (a slurry 1:3) were dripped onto the blocks 3x/day. A 20% sucrose solution was dripped onto 2 of the blocks 4x/day and 8x/day onto the other two, simulating an increase in the cariogenic challenge. Surface and cross-sectional microhardness and F uptake were evaluated in the enamel. F, Ca, P, insoluble polysaccharide (IP) and mutans streptococci in dental plaque were determined after 14 days. The results showed effect statistically significant of the ftequency of sucrose exposure on enamel demineralization and F, Ca, IP concentration in dental plaque (p<0.05). FD was more efficient than APF+PD in reducing enamel demineralization and in increasing F and Ca concentration in dental plaque (p<0.05). The effect of the combination APF+FD on enamel demineralization, F uptake and composition of dental plaque was not different ftom FD treatment (p>0.05). In conclusion, the combination of methods (APF+FD) neither decreases the cariogenicity of dental plaque nor has an additional efIect on reducing enamel demineralization, suggesting that in addition to fluoride use, other measures to interfere with the factors responsible for the disease must be simultaneouslyused to its complete control.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://libdigi.unicamp.br/document/?code=vtls000242084
- Efeito do acúmulo de placa e de fatores salivares na desmineralização do esmalte e composição da placa dental in situ
- Comparação in vitro do efeito cariostático entre a aplicação tópica de flúor e dentifrício fluoretado
- Efeito da profilaxia profissional e da escovação com dentifrício com ou sem flúor na remineralização do esmalte dental
- Efeito de um dentifricio fluoretado contendo bicarbonato de sodio na contagem de estreptococos do "grupo Mutans", acidogenicidade e composição da placa dental
- Effect of calcium lactate rinse previously to the use fluoride dentifrice on bovine enamel and on the composition of the dental biofilm formed "in situ"