DNA Polymorphisms in Lentinula edodes, the Shiitake Mushroom
Kulkarni, Rajiv K.
DNA restriction fragment length polymorphisms (RFLPs) were examined in Lentinula edodes strains. Genomic DNA from strain 70 was cloned in plasmid vector pUC19, and 18 random clones containing low-copy DNA sequences were used to probe seven strains in Southern DNA-DNA hybridizations. Each cloned fragment revealed DNA polymorphism. An RFLP genotype was determined for each strain and the genetic relatedness was assessed. The coefficients of genetic similarity among the seven strains ranged from 0.43 to 0.90. The inheritance of RFLP markers was examined in single spore isolates. Homokaryons displayed a loss of polymorphic bands compared with the parent dikaryon. Hybrids constructed by crossing compatible homokaryons displayed the inheritance of RFLP markers from each parent homokaryon.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=183460
- Mannitol Metabolism in Lentinus edodes, the Shiitake Mushroom
- Avaliação da atividade antimicrobiana dos basidiomicetos Lentinula edodes, Lentinus crinitus, Amauroderma sp. e pycnoporussanguineus.
- Genotoxicity and antigenotoxicity assessment of shiitake (Lentinula edodes (Berkeley) Pegler) using the Comet assay
- Caracterização bromatológica de oito linhagens de Lentinula edodes (Shiitake) cultivadas em toras de Eucalyptus grandis
- Characterization, Molecular Cloning, and Differential Expression Analysis of Laccase Genes from the Edible Mushroom Lentinula edodes