Direct Simulation Monte Carlo Method Applied to Aerothermodynamics
Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
An axisymmetric supersonic flow of rarefied gas past a finite cylinder was calculated applying the direct simulation Monte Carlo method. The drag force, the coefficients of pressure, of skin friction, and of heat transfer, the fields of density, of temperature, and of velocity were calculated as function of the Reynolds number for a fixed Mach number. The variation of the Reynolds number is related to the variation of the Knudsen number, which characterizes the gas rarefaction. The present results show that all quantities in the transition regime (Knudsen number is about the unity) are significantly different from those in the hydrodynamic regime, when the Knudsen number is small.
- Monte Carlo dinâmico aplicado aos modelos de Ising e Baxter-Wu.
- Simulação do fluxo reacional de um reator de filamento quente através da simulação direta de Monte Carlo
- Individual monitoring for external exposures: experimentation and simulation with Monte Carlo Method
- Use of artificial neural networks with Monte Carlo simulation applied to the protein folding problem
- Monte Carlo simulation of lipid mixtures: finding phase separation.