Different doses of cefetamet pivoxil (Ro 15-8075) in the treatment of acute uncomplicated gonococcal urethritis in men.
Tio, T T
In an open, dose-finding study, a 100% cure rate was observed in patients suffering from uncomplicated gonococcal urethritis who were treated with a single oral dose of either 1.2 g (n = 10), 0.8 g (n = 11), or 0.4 g (n = 10) of cefetamet pivoxil. The MICs of cefetamet for all gonococcal strains ranged from 0.001 to 0.12 micrograms/ml, and the MIC for 90% of the strains tested was 0.008 micrograms/ml. Cefetamet pivoxil was ineffective against Chlamydia trachomatis in 3 of 31 patients. Side effects were minor.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=171667
- Pharmacokinetics of cefetamet (Ro 15-8074) and cefetamet pivoxil (Ro 15-8075) after intravenous and oral doses in humans.
- Pharmacokinetics of cefetamet pivoxil (Ro 15-8075) with ascending oral doses in normal healthy volunteers.
- Pharmacokinetics of intravenous cefetamet (Ro 15-8074) and oral cefetamet pivoxil (Ro 15-8075) in young and elderly subjects.
- Antimicrobial activity of Ro 15-8074, active metabolite of a new oral cephalosporin (Ro 15-8075), against 7,775 recent clinical isolates.
- Single dose piperacillin in treating uncomplicated gonococcal urethritis in men.