Diallel analysis in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) for water stress tolerance
Vasconcelos, Ubieli Alves Araújo, Cavalcanti, José Jaime Vasconcelos, Farias, Francisco José Correia, Vasconcelos, Walmir Sousa, Santos, Roseane Cavalcanti dos
Crop Breed. Appl. Biotechnol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract Information about combining ability is important in determining breeding strategies. The objective of this study was to estimate the general (GCA) and specific (SCA) combining abilities among twenty cotton hybrid combinations submitted to water stress, based on agronomic traits. The trails were carried out in semiarid environment (Barbalha, CE), during two years, in dry season under irrigation, and submitted to 23 days of water suppression. Wide variability was verified among parents and their hybrids, with additive effects to seed yield, lint percentage, blooming and boll weight. Dominance effect was found only to plant height. The combinations BRS 286 x CNPA 5M, BRS RUBI x CNPA 5M, FM 966 x CNPA 5M and BRS 286 x BRS Seridó showed the best SCAs and averages for the majority of the traits. In addition, at least one of their parents had high CGA. These combinations must be advanced in cotton breeding program.
- Some Ultrastructural and Enzymatic Effects of Water Stress in Cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) Leaves
- Osmotic Adjustment in Cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) Leaves and Roots in Response to Water Stress 1
- Gene expression in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) fiber: cloning of the mRNAs.
- Abelhas visitantes florais, potenciais polinizadoras do algodoeiro (Gossypium hirsutum L.) em cultivo agroecolÃgico
- Characterization of a cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) fiber mRNA (Fb-B6).