DEVELOPMENT OF NANOBIOMARKERS FOR USE IN SICKLE CELL ANEMIA / Desenvolvimento de nanomarcadores para serem utilizados na marcação de hemoglobina S (anemia falciforme)
Elen Gonçalves dos Santos
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Luminescent materials, such as the rare earths complex, can be used as markers in cytology and immunology, being also used as luminescent biomarkers, once the development of these nanomaterials create new possibilities to many fields, particularly in diagnostic medicine. Besides, it establishes one kind of fluorescent probes, for which there are no equivalent organic molecules. Due to its potential in markets application, the objective of this work was to develop luminescent materials, allowing the use of these supermolecules of lanthanides as markers for the detection of Sickle Cell Disease (HbS). Six luminescent markers were developed and marked on rares earth base. The main methodology used for the detection of HbS was fluoroimunoassay, which is already used in investigation of enzymes, antibodies, cells, hormones, and so on. During this work, absorptions spectrum in the infrared by Fouriers Transform (FTIR) was also used to detect the HbS. The studied methods were applied for the diagnosis of this disease, which has genetic origin, very typical of the hemoglobin-pathology group and considered to be a public health problem in Brazil (ANVISA). When early diagnosed, Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) has a significant decrease in morbidity and mortality. Comparing the obtained results to the already known methodologies, it was possible to conclude that they are viable methods to detect HbS. Besides, when totally developed, these methods will contribute to the production of Sickle Cell Anemias diagnostic, and they will have impact in São Paulo states public measures, as well as in Brazils ones.
- Papel dos leucócitos na fisiopatologia da anemia falciforme
- Sickle cell anemia in Salvador-Bahia: phenotype and molecular characterization and search of specific gene sequences potentially important to gamma genes expression of the fetal hemoglobin.
- DISTÚRBIOS VENTILATÓRIOS EM PORTADORES DE ANEMIA FALCIFORME.
- Avaliação funcional dos eosinófilos na anemia falciforme e o efeito do tratamento com hidroxiureia
- Duffy Genotype and Clinical Manifestations Severity in Sickle Cell Anemia