Description of a new and highly distinctive genus and species of Euptychiina (Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae: Satyrinae) from the Brazilian southern Amazon
Freitas, André V.L.
Rev. Bras. entomol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT A new genus and species of Euptychiina (Satyrinae), Cristalinaia vitoria Mota, Zacca & Freitas gen. et sp. nov., is described based on three specimens collected in the region of the Cristalino River, Alta Floresta, Mato Grosso, Brazil. This rare species is known only from this region, where it flies inside the dense bamboo patches typical of that area. The last instar larva and the pupa are described; the larva was observed feeding on mature leaves of the common bamboo Guadua aff. paniculata Munro.urn:lsid:zoobank.org:pub:D61EDE8D-CAE9-41C6-B24D-BB789873566E
- A new genus and species of Euptychiina (Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae: Satyrinae) from southern Brazil
- A new genus, Atlanteuptychia gen. nov., for Euptychia ernestina (Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae: Satyrinae)
- 'Species' from two different butterfly genera combined into one: description of a new genus of Euptychiina (Nymphalidae: Satyrinae) with unusually variable wing pattern
- A new species of Eretris Thieme (Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae, Satyrinae) from the Elbow of the Andes region in Bolivia
- A new species of Moneuptychia Forster (Lepidoptera: Satyrinae: Euptychiina) from central Brazil