D-MaPs - DNA-microarray projects: web-based software for multi-platform microarray analysis
Carazzolle, Marcelo F., Herig, Taís S., Deckmann, Ana C., Pereira, Gonçalo A.G.
Genetics and Molecular Biology
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The web application D-Maps provides a user-friendly interface to researchers performing studies based on microarrays. The program was developed to manage and process one- or two-color microarray data obtained from several platforms (currently, GeneTAC, ScanArray, CodeLink, NimbleGen and Affymetrix). Despite the availability of many algorithms and many software programs designed to perform microarray analysis on the internet, these usually require sophisticated knowledge of mathematics, statistics and computation. D-maps was developed to overcome the requirement of high performance computers or programming experience. D-Maps performs raw data processing, normalization and statistical analysis, allowing access to the analyzed data in text or graphical format. An original feature presented by D-Maps is GEO (Gene Expression Omnibus) submission format service. The D-MaPs application was already used for analysis of oligonucleotide microarrays and PCR-spotted arrays (one- and two-color, laser and light scanner). In conclusion, D-Maps is a valuable tool for microarray research community, especially in the case of groups without a bioinformatic core.
- DEPLOYMENT OF DISTRIBUTED, MULTI-LANGUAGE AND MULTI-PLATFORM COMPONENT-BASED SOFTWARE
- GEPAS: a web-based resource for microarray gene expression data analysis
- PROBEmer: a web-based software tool for selecting optimal DNA oligos
- Argus—A New Database System for Web-Based Analysis of Multiple Microarray Data Sets
- Quantitative Detection of Small Molecule/DNA Complexes Employing a Force-Based and Label-Free DNA-Microarray