Corrosion behavior and characterization of plasma nitrided and borided AISI M2 steel
Gunes, Ibrahim, Erdogan, Muzaffer, Çelik, Atila Gürhan
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
This study investigates the corrosion behaviors of plasma nitrided (PN) and borided AISI M2 steels. The PN process was carried out in a dc-plasma system at a temperature of 923K for 6 h in a gas mixture of 80%N2-20%H2 under a constant pressure of 5 mbar. The boriding process was carried out in Ekabor-II powder at a temperature of 1223K for 6 h. X-ray diffraction analysis on the surface of the PN and borided steels revealed the presence of FeB, Fe2B, CrB, MoB, WB, FeN, Fe2N, Fe3N and Fe4N compounds. Corrosion surfaces of the samples were analyzed using a SEM microscopy and X-ray energy dispersive spectroscopy EDS. The corrosion resistance of PN and borided AISI M2 steel is higher compared with that of untreated AISI M2 steel. Corrosion resistances of the PN and borided AISI M2 steel increased the 4-6- fold.
- Corrosion Behavior of Plasma Nitrided and Nitrocarburised Supermartensitic Stainless Steel
- Corrosion Behavior and Microstructure of Borided Tool Steel
- Investigation of Adhesion and Tribological Behavior of Borided AISI 310 Stainless Steel
- Quantification and Identification of the Carbides in Tool Steel AISI/SAE M2
- FERRAMENTAS DE USINAGEM EM AÇO RÁPIDO AISI M2 OBTIDO POR CONFORMAÇÃO POR SPRAY.