Corrosion and Micro-abrasive Wear Behaviour of 2524-T3 Aluminium Alloy with PAni-NPs/PSS LbL Coating
Rangel, Uriel Darhê Oudinot Dias
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
In this paper, we present an alternative method to obtain thin films for coating protection on the surface of the AA2524-T3 Al-alloy by using the Layer-by-Layer (LbL) technique. The LbL films were fabricated by alternated immersion of the Al-alloy into a poly(styrene sulfonate) (PSS) and polyaniline nanoparticles (PAni-NPs) solutions, obtaining a PAni-NPs/PSS bilayer architecture. The LbL films were characterized by ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy (UV-Vis), Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), atomic force microscopy (AFM), electrochemical and micro-abrasive wear tests. The results show that the number of bilayers promotes shifts to less negative potentials, indicating an optimized system, in which the best performance was observed for a 15-bilayer PAni/PSS LbL film. The pitting potential (Epit) values shifted 130 mV (from -610 mV to -480 mV) in comparing a bare Al-alloy. The predominantly wear mechanism for AA2524-T3 with PAni-NPs/PSS bilayers was scratching whereas for the bare material there was an equivalence between scratching and rolling mechanisms. The results proved that the incorporation of PAni-NPS by the LbL method may be propitious as protective coating against corrosion in AA2524-T3 alloy.
- On the Global and Localised Corrosion Behaviour of the AA2524-T3 Aluminium Alloy Used as Aircraft Fuselage Skin
- Estudo do comportamento do coeficiente de desgaste e dos modos de desgaste abrasivo em ensaios de desgaste micro-abrasivo.
- Estudo do desgaste e atrito em ensaios micro-abrasivos por esfera rotativa fixa em condições de força normal constante e pressão constante.
- Micro Abrasive Wear Behaviour Study of Carburization and Ion Plasma Nitriding of P20 Steel
- Micro-Scale Abrasive Wear Testing of CrN Duplex PVD Coating on Pre-Nitrided Tool Steel