Construction of cowpea genetic map using ISSR, DAF e CAPS markers / ConstruÃÃo de um mapa genÃtico para feijÃo-caupi com marcadores moleculares ISSR, DAF E CAPS
Lidiane Lindinalva Barbosa Amorim
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Cowpea crop is of great economical importance in Brazil being the Northeastern region the main producer. The low levels of resistance to pathogens is one of the restricting factors for the Brazilian competitiveness worldwide. One of the most important disease is caused by Cowpea severe mosaic virus - CPSMV. The control of CPSMV can be achieved whit the use of insecticides to control insects vectors. However, it is necessary to increase the use of less expensive control methods whit a minimum environmental impact such as resistant cultivars. Nowadays, the genetic improvement of plants is using tools that make possible to obtain faster and robust results, as the genetic maps obtained trough ISSR, DAF and CAPs markers, which presents high polymorphism. The present work aimed to obtain a cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) genetic map including a virus resistance feature (Cowpea severe mosaic virus, CPSMV). For this purpose two contrasting parents (BR 14-Mulato and IT85F-2687) were crossed and obtained 92 recombinant inbred lines in F6-7 that were screened for resistance/susceptibility against CPSMV. The data matrix was evaluated using the program MapMarker 2.0 with a minimum LOD 2.0, recombination rate r<0.40 and the Kosambi mapping function. The generated map included 27 ISSR, six DAF and six CAPS markers distributed over 11 linkage groups (LG), covering 492.1 cM, with an average distance of 16.9 cM. The phenotypic evaluation of the CPSMV revealed a quantitative pattern, with a single associated marker (ISSR-878) at a distance of 28.7 cM, still too far to allow marker assisted selection. The development of linkage map is the first step in the integration of biotechnologies to the genetic improvement
- Diversidade genÃtica e avaliaÃÃo de genÃtipos de feijÃo-caupi contrastantes para resistÃncia aos estresses biÃticos e abiÃticos com marcadores SSR, DAF e ISSR
- InfluÃncia do melhoramento genÃtico convencional sobre os constituintes do feijÃo caupi (Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp)
- UtilizaÃÃo de tÃcnicas multivariadas e moleculares na caracterizaÃÃo e seleÃÃo de genÃtiopos de feijÃo-caupi de porte ereto e ciclo precoce
- Genetic diversity among cowpea cultivars as revealed by ISSR and DAF markers.
- Variabilidade genética de feijão-caupi de porte ereto e ciclo precoce analisada por marcadores ISSR.