Considerations about the hydraulic of stepped spillways: nondimensional methodologies for preliminary design / Considerações sobre a hidráulica de vertedores em degraus: metodologias adimensionais para pré-dimensionamento
André Luiz Andrade Simões
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
This work presents a state-of-the-art evaluation of aspects related hydraulic to stepped spillways submitted to the different flow regimes. In a second part, it is suggested a dimensionless and simplified methodology for preliminary design of the stilling basin length, besides a conceptual approach related to the free fall hydraulics. Among topics treaties in the state-of-the-art evaluation, it can cite, for example, the energy dissipation promoted by the steps, incipient cavitation, the air entrainment, the use of bottom aerator and unconventional geometries. Regarding the developed methodology, based in the Newtons law of motion associate to Darcy-Weisbach equation, it presents some comparisons with experimental data of different researchers, besides application examples. It was possible to conclude, with the state-of-the-art evaluation, that there is an increasing interest for hydraulics characteristic of stepped spillways knowledge. Through the developed methodology, after comparisons with experimental data of different researchers, was possible to conclude that there is not an absolute consensus about the Darcy-Weisbach friction factor magnitude. With the application examples, it noticed that for a same problem, the different methods use can lead for significantly different designs.
- PRÉ-DIMENSIONAMENTO DE VIGAS MISTAS DE AÇO E CONCRETO PARA PONTES DE PEQUENO PORTE.
- Implementação no MatLab do “Novo Método Implícito” para pré-dimensionamento de túneis
- Caracterização do escoamento sobre vertedouros em degraus via CFD
- Considerations about highways shoulders design.
- Modelo para pré-dimensionamento de bacias de detenção para controle da poluição difusa das águas pluviais no município de Porto Alegre