Concentration and Purification of Poliovirus by Ultrafiltration and Isopycnic Centrifugation1
Guskey, Louis E.
A method is described by which poliovirus can be rapidly and simply concentrated by the use of a Diaflo XM-50 ultrafilter membrane. Freon-extracted ultrafilter concentrates banded in CsCl provided a 1,724-fold volumetric concentration of poliovirus. During concentration, trypsin-digested cellular material can pass through the ultrafilter membrane, thus providing a versatile means of degrading and eliminating extraneous contaminating proteins. The ultrafilter concentration system is compared with the CsCl cushion system of poliovirus concentration, and both systems are further compared by banding virus and virus capsid material in CsCl by use of isopycnic centrifugation.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=380537
- Simplified apparatus for ultrafiltration by centrifugation.
- Analysis by isopycnic centrifugation of isolated nucleoids of Escherichia coli.
- Separation of two types of viral inclusion bodies by isopycnic centrifugation.
- Complex of DNA with chromatin proteins investigated by isopycnic centrifugation in metrizamide.
- Isolation and partial characterization of Borrelia burgdorferi inner and outer membranes by using isopycnic centrifugation.