Computer Simulation of Fermentation Systems
Results of batch fermentation of gluconic acid by Pseudomonas ovalis were graphically analyzed to obtain a kinetic model to represent the data. Since gluconic acid was produced by the hydrolysis of a lactone intermediate, the model was necessarily represented by a set of kinetic equations. A computer simulation technique involving the use of the MIDAS program was developed to solve the system of nonlinear equations and to check the appropriateness of the model. Since the maximal specific growth rate and the rate constant for the production of the lactone intermediate varied with time, function generators were used to simulate these system parameters. The merit of using the MIDAS program was considered in relation to analysis and model testing in microbiological processes of similar types.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=547038
- Computer Simulation of Hospital Patient Scheduling Systems
- Dialysis Continuous Process for Ammonium-Lactate Fermentation of Whey: Mathematical Model and Computer Simulation †
- Simulação computacional de parâmetros importantes dos sistemas radiológicos
- Computer simulation of industrial hazards1
- SIMULATION OF ATHEROGENESIS BY COMPUTER DISPLAY TECHNIQUES