Composition, antioxidant properties, and biological activities of the essential oil extracted from Ocotea diospyrifolia (Meisn.) Mez.
Fabri, Natasha Tiemi
Braz. J. Pharm. Sci.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The article has aimed to characterize the essential oil extracted from Ocotea diospyrifolia (Meisn.) Mez. leaves, in terms of its chemical composition and antioxidant, hemolytic, and phytotoxic potentials, as well as its toxicity against Artemia salina. The major constituents identified by CG-MS were d-elemene, spathulenol, and b-atlantol. When screened for potential biological activities, the essential oil presented low toxicity against Artemia salina, and a capacity of lysing red blood cells. Also, the evaluation of its in vitro antioxidant activity, using the phosphomolybdenum method, showed better results when compared to butylhydroxytoluene (BHT) and rutin. In conclusion, the results obtained showed certain in vitro toxicity, leading to an interesting target for cytotoxicity evaluations of carcinoma cells.
- Ocotea nutans (Nees) Mez (Lauraceae): chemical composition, antioxidant capacity and biological properties of essential oil
- Estudo químico biomonitorado por ensaio com larvas Aedes aegypti das espécies Ocotea velloziana (Meisn.) Mez. e Aiouea trinervis (Meisn.)
- Chemical composition, antioxidant and biological activity of Ocotea bicolor Vattimo-Gil (LAURACEAE) essential oil
- Morfo-anatomia foliar de Ocotea gardneri (Meisn.) Mez (Lauraceae-Lauroideae)
- Atividade antimicrobiana e prospecção fitoquímica dos extratos vegetais de “Ocotea silvestris ” Vattimo-Gil e “Ocotea diospyrifolia ” (Meisn.) frente sorotipos de “Salmonella ” de origem avícola