Comércio Internacional, Politica Comercial Brasileira e a Atuação da Câmara de Comércio Exterior (CAMEX) na Condução das Políticas Para o Setor.
Ramos, Guilherme Cantarino Da Costa
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The proposal of this study is to present an assessment of the performance of the Brazilian Government Chamber of Foreign Trade (Camex), which is a board of the Council of Government responsible for the formulation, implementation and coordination of the Brazilian trade policy. The study begins with a historical approach to the international trade and the Brazilian foreign trade, mentioning its origins, features and interfaces with the economic development of the country. Based on the approach aforementioned, several interviews were made with authorities, who have remarkable knowledge about the subject, in order to obtain their views, experiences and suggestions concerning the performance of Camex since its creation in 1995. The list of interviewees includes authorities that are currently responsibles for the conduct of the policy on foreign trade, representatives of the organized society, and authorities who were in important positions in this segment of the federal public administration, regarding both the Minister of State, as Director of Cacex and the Executive Secretary of Camex. The conclusions of the study indicate that the Camex has not been succeeding in fully exercise its mandate of formulate, implement and coordinate the foreign trade policy of Brazil. A combination of factors contributes to this situation, especially its small strutcure, the fact that some ministries compete in the segment of foreign trade ¿don't understand¿ Chamber¿s real purpose, and, at last, the absence of a political mandate"(words taken from Motta Veiga) that would fortify its existing legal mandate. Finally, the study suggests some changes in the current organizational modeling of Camex, especially in its hierarchical position in the federal public administration."
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://hdl.handle.net/10438/3545
- A construção institucional da política comercial brasileira: a Câmara de Comércio Exterior (CAMEX) no governo Cardoso
- Política doméstica e política internacional: a institucionalidade da política brasileira de comércio exterior
- A política de comércio exterior brasileira de 1995 a 1998 : a política comercial estratégica e o caso Embraer
- A Rodada Doha, as mudanças no regime do comércio internacional e a política comercial brasileira
- Instituições e política comercial nos Estados Unidos: política internacional, demandas domésticas e design institucional