Co-digestion of swine excreta associated with increasing levels of crude glycerin
Orrico Junior, Marco Antonio Previdelli, Schwingel, Alice Watte, Centurion, Stanley Ribeiro, Orrico, Ana Carolina Amorim
R. Bras. Zootec.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT The objective of this research was to evaluate the performance of anaerobic co-digestion of swine excreta associated with increasing doses of crude glycerin and different hydraulic retention times (HRT). A completely randomized design was adopted in a 3 × 4 factorial arrangement composed of three HRT (10, 17, and 24 days) and four crude glycerin doses (0, 5, 10, and 15 g/100 g of total solids [TS]), with four replications per treatment. The assessed parameters were: biogas production potential, reductions of volatile solids (VS), chemical oxygen demand (COD), and most probable number of total and thermotolerant coliforms. The biogas production per added VS presented quadratic effect at 17 and 24 days of HRT, with ideal doses of 5.5 and 5.9 g of crude glycerin/100 g TS, respectively. There was no difference among glycerin doses at 10-day HRT for VS reductions; however, at HRT of 17 and 24 days, there were differences, with greater reduction of 61.1% for 5 g of crude glycerin/100 g TS at 24-day HRT. The COD reduction values showed an effect among retention times, in which the 24-day HRT provided the best results. Reductions in coliforms were greater than 99%, with no difference among treatments. Addition of 5 to 6 g of crude glycerin/100 g TS with a 24-day HRT is more effective in biogas production and reduction of VS, COD, and coliforms from co-digestion of swine excreta.
- Crude glycerin in anaerobic co-digestion of dairy cattle manure increases methane production
- ANAEROBIC MODELING FOR IMPROVING SYNERGY AND ROBUSTNESS OF A MANURE CO-DIGESTION PROCESS
- BiodigestÃo e co-digestÃo anaerÃbias de cama de frangos com Ãgua residuÃria de suinocultura
- Feasibility of biohydrogen production by co-digestion of vinasse (sugarcane stillage) and molasses in an AnSBBR
- Co-digestÃo de resÃduos de incubatÃrio de aves e Ãguas residuÃrias agroindustriais