Clinical, epidemiological and therapeutic profile of patients with brachioradial pruritus in a reference service in dermatology
Pinto, Ana Cecília Versiani Duarte, Wachholz, Patrick Alexander, Masuda, Paula Yoshiko, Martelli, Antonio Carlos Ceribelli
An. Bras. Dermatol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract: This is a cross-sectional study, conducted from May to November/2014, in a dermatology reference unit, through review of medical records and interviews. In a sample of 49 patients with brachioradial pruritus, we observed higher prevalence of Caucasian (81.6%) and women (73.5 %), with a mean age of 56.1 years. Pruritus occurred in the topography of brachioradialis muscle in 87.8% of cases; 59.2% of the sample reported worsening of pruritus with sun exposure; the mean intensity of this symptom before treatment was 8.63. Therapy effectiveness was described as "very good/good" in 79.2% of cases, and for 55.3% relapses were categorized as "uncommon".
- Clinical, epidemiological, and therapeutic profile of dermatophytosis
- Perfil clínico, laboratorial e epidemiológico de pacientes chagásicos idosos seguidos em um serviço de referência = : Clinical, laboratory and epidemiological profile of elderly chagasic patients followed in a reference service
- Mycetomas: an epidemiological, etiological, clinical, laboratory and therapeutic review
- Sociodemographic and clinical profile of patients with occupational contact dermatitis seen at a work-related dermatology service, 2000 - 2014
- Rising incidence of chancroid in Rotterdam. Epidemiological, clinical, diagnostic, and therapeutic aspects.