Checklist of Ephemeroptera (Insecta) from São Mateus River Basin, Espírito Santo, Brazil
Angeli, Kamila Batista, Rozário, Ezinete Moreira M. do, Salles, Frederico Falcão
Rev. Bras. entomol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACTIn order to expand the knowledge on the composition of Ephemeroptera from large rivers, we present, herein, the first survey of mayflies from the São Mateus River Basin, Espírito Santo State. Adults were collected biannually in 2012 and 2013 with the aid of Pennsylvania light trap in eleven points distributed in the main river of the river basin, São Mateus River and its two main tributaries, Cotaxé River (Braço Norte) and Cricaré River (Braço Sul). Thirty-three species were identified (22 nominal and 11 morphospecies) in 24 genera and five families. One genus and one species are reported for the first time from Brazil, three species from Southeastern Region of Brazil, and two species from the state. Five species and one genus not previously described were also found. Moreover, around 20% of the known species of mayfly registered from the state were found. This work reinforces the need to give more attention to research on large rivers due to the high potential for diversity, not only for Ephemeroptera, but also for other aquatic insects.
- Primeiro levantamento da fauna de Ephemeroptera (Insecta) do Espírito Santo, Sudeste do Brasil
- Conservation of mayflies (Insecta, Ephemeroptera) in Espírito Santo, southeastern Brazil
- Heavy metals in the São Mateus Stream Basin, Peixe River Basin, Paraiba do Sul River Basin, Brazil
- AIDS tendencies in São Mateus microregion, state of Espírito Santo, and Brazil from 1999 to 2008
- Checklist of the Trichoptera (Insecta) of Brazil I