Caracterização tecnológica de resíduos de construção e demolição. / Technological characterization of construction and demolition waste.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Construction and demolition waste (CDW) represents around 50% of the total solid waste and are essentially constituted by mineral fraction (>90%); therefore it?s possible to recycle it through mineral processing techniques. The development of different uses and the improvement of the typical technologies applied to CDW recycling are essential to achieve a satisfactory level of recycling. Applied mineralogy tools are fundamental to characterize the studied raw material and support the mineral processing in order to obtain products according to its specifications. This research was carried out in three crushed samples from two different plants close to Sao Paulo; they were named according to its classification: grey Itaquera (IT-C), red Itaquera (IT-V) and red Vinhedo (VI-V). The method involved basically sampling, crushing, characterization of the relevant physical properties for a concrete recycled aggregate approach, evaluation of the specific gravity separability curves and chemical and mineralogical analyses for each grain size fraction and gravity classes, and so microscope analyses to verify the binder contents. The results show that the chemical composition of the three samples is very similar, the grades change according to the grain size fractions, specially for the finest fraction. The mineral composition is also quite akin, it is mostly represented by silicates (mainly aggregates and natural rocks), ceramics and binder; minor amounts of Al2O3 and CaO were also detected. The loss of ignition is directly related to the binder and clay minerals (basically OH and CO2). Specific gravity classes are very different regarding their chemical, mineralogical and physical properties, despite their similarity among the samples. Thus the specific gravity separation is more effective to classify the recycled CD debris than its color and could be applied to obtain high quality recycled aggregates, while a significant amount (80%) is recovered above 2.2 g/cm3 and may be used as high strength concrete aggregates. In addition, the physical properties, like specific gravity and water absorption are strictly related to the specific gravity classes.
- Caracterização e separabilidade de agregados miúdos produzidos a partir de resíduos de construção e demolição.
- Variabilidade de agregados graúdos de resíduos de construção e demolição reciclados.
- Study of method to characterize the physical properties of construction and demolition waste coarse aggregates.
- Caracterização de agregados de resíduos de construção e demolição reciclados e a influência de suas características no comportamento de concretos.
- Verificação dos parâmetros de controle de agregados reciclados de resíduos de construção e demolição para utilização em concreto