Can low-fusing glass application affect the marginal misfit and bond strength of Y-TZP crowns?
Antunes, Monize Carelli Felipe, Miranda, Jean Soares, Carvalho, Ronaldo Luís Almeida de, Carvalho, Rodrigo Furtado de, Kimpara, Estevão Tomomitsu, Assunção E Souza, Rodrigo Othávio de, Leite, Fabíola Pessôa Pereira
Braz. oral res.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract To evaluate the effect of different surface treatments on the marginal misfit and retentive strength between Y-TZP crowns and an epoxy resin. Forty (40) epoxy resin (G10) abutments (height: 5mm, conicity: 60, finish line: large chamfer) with equal dimensions were milled and included in polyurethane to simulate the periodontal ligament. Next, 40 Y-TZP crowns (thickness: 1mm) were milled (Cerec in Lab) and randomly divided into four groups (n=10) according to the surface treatment: GS(glaze spray), GP(glaze powder/liquid), P(zirconia primer) and RS(tribochemical silica coating). The conditioned surfaces were cemented with dual self-adhesive cement, light cured and submitted to thermomechanical cycling (2x106, 100N, 4Hz, 5°/55°C). Marginal misfit was analyzed by a stereomicroscope and SEM. Retentive strength test was performed (1mm/min) until crown debonding. Glaze layer thickness was also performed to GS and GP groups. Marginal misfit data were analyzed by Kruskal Wallis and Dunn tests; one-way ANOVA and Tukey (5%) analyzed the tensile strength data. The marginal misfit of the GS (48.6±19.9μm) and GP (65.4±42.5μm) were statistically lower than the RS (96±62.9μm) and P (156±113.3μm) (p=0.001). The retentive strength of the GP (470.5±104.1N) and GS (416.8±170.2N) were similar to the P (342.1±109.7N), but statistically higher than those of the RS (208.9±110N). The GS and GP glaze layer was 11.64μm and 9.73μm respectively. Thus, glaze application promoted lower marginal discrepancy and higher retentive strength values than conventional techniques.
- Low-Fusing Porcelain Glaze Application on 3Y-TZP Surfaces can Enhance Zirconia-Porcelain Adhesion
- Pre-sintered Y-TZP sandblasting: effect on surface roughness, phase transformation, and Y-TZP/veneer bond strength
- COMPARAÇÃO DE DIFERENTES ENSAIOS MECÂNICOS PARA AVALIAR A RESISTÊNCIA ADESIVA A UMA CERÂMICA Y-TZP
- A new approach for Y-TZP surface treatment: evaluations of roughness and bond strength to resin cemen
- Can the Application of Multi-Mode Adhesive be a Substitute to Silicatized/Silanized Y-TZP Ceramics?