Broiler Pre-Slaughter Water Diet with Grass Lemongrass (Cymbopogon Citratus Stapf)
Garcia, RG, Royer, AF, Nääs, IA, Borille, R, Santana, M, Caldara, FR
Rev. Bras. Cienc. Avic.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT The pre-slaughter management is one of the predisposing factors to the reduction in the quality of the carcass and broiler meat, mainly for being a stressful condition. This study evaluates the inclusion of lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus Stapf) in the water used in the diet of pre-slaughter broilers for the first time. The carcass and meat quality parameters were evaluated. The experiment was carried out in the poultry production of an experimental sector of the Federal University of Grande Dourados - UFGD. A total of 2,594 broilers were distributed in an entirely randomized design in a factorial arrangement of 3x2x2, with three different lemongrass concentrations in the form of infusion (0. 1 and 5 g/L), two sexes and two genetic strains (Ross 308® and Cobb 500®), and with four replications. After 42 days, 144 broilers were slaughtered, and the quality parameters of carcass and meat were evaluated. A higher incidence of scratches and higher water retention capacity were found in Ross 308® male (p<0.05). Less exudate of breast fillets loss was observed in broiler Ross 308® males 72 h post-mortem (p<0.05). There was an interaction between sex and lemongrass levels in the drinking water of the broilers in the sensory analysis of meat (p<0.05), more preferably of chewiness and juiciness for males undergoing free diet for juiciness and lemongrass in the female diet with 5g/L. The use of lemongrass infusions in pre-slaughter did not bring considerable benefits to the quality of carcass and meat of broiler.
- WELFARE OF BROILERS INGESTING A PRE-SLAUGHTER HYDRIC DIET OF LEMON GRASS
- Avaliação do potencial antioxidante do capim-limão (Cymbopogon citratus (D.C.) Stapf) sobre a apoptose do tecido mamário e qualidade do leite de cabras Saanen
- Effects of pre-slaughter fasting on broiler welfare, meat quality, and intestinal integrity
- Influência da luz e da temperatura sobre a oxidação do óleo essencial de capim-limão (Cymbopogon citratus (D.C.) Stapf)
- Indicadores químicos, crescimento e bioeletrografias de plantas de jambu (Acmella oleracea L.), capim-limão (Cymbopogon citratus (DC) Stapf) e folha-da-fortuna (Bryophyllum pinnatum (Lam.) Oken) submetidas a tratamentos homeopáticos