Brazilian hepatitis B vaccine: a six-year follow-up in adolescents
Alexandre, Kamilla Vêncio Frauzino, Martins, Regina Maria Bringel, Souza, Márcia Maria de, Rodrigues, Isolina Maria Xavier, Teles, Sheila Araujo
Mem. Inst. Oswaldo Cruz
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The protective anti-HBs titres were examined six-year post-immunisation with the Brazilian recombinant hepatitis B vaccine. After the primary vaccination, all adolescents (n = 89) responded with protective anti-HBs titres and had a geometric mean titre (GMT) of 4031.8 mIU/mL. In 2010, 94.5% maintained protective anti-HBs (> 10 mIU/mL) antibodies, with a GMT of 236.0 mIU/mL. A positive correlation was observed between the anti-HBs titres after the primary vaccination and the titres at the six-year follow-up (p < 0.01). Eleven subjects showed anti-HBs titres suggestive of a natural booster. Prostitution and tattoos/piercings were marginally associated with natural boosters in the multivariate analysis. This study showed the first data on anti-HBs persistence following the Brazilian hepatitis B vaccine in sexually active individuals and highlights its effectiveness in the medium term.
- Atlanto-axial subluxation. A six-year follow-up report.
- The chronic mental hospital population: a six-year follow-up study.
- BONE MINERAL DENSITY AND BODY COMPOSITION IN ELDERLY RUNNERS: SIX-YEAR FOLLOW-UP
- Prognosis after myocardial infarction. Six-year follow-up.
- A six-year follow-up survey of sexually transmitted diseases in Brasilia, the capital of Brazil