Birth distribution in cystic fibrosis in Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean, Quebec, Canada.
Although a seasonal trend in the birth distribution has been reported in cystic fibrosis (CF), this finding is still very controversial. The birth distribution of 113 patients with cystic fibrosis born in Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean (complete ascertainment) was analysed using two different statistical methods. Our results showed no monthly or seasonal birth variation. It is likely that a bias owing to incomplete ascertainment might explain why some previous studies found a seasonal trend in the birth distribution of cystic fibrosis.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1015792
- Pneumococcal resistance to antimicrobial agents in the province of Québec, Canada.
- Yersinia enterocolitica: serotypes and biotypes isolated from humans and the environment in Quebec, Canada.
- Report on MDA workshop on myotonic dystrophy, 10 October 1994, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Seroepidemiologic study of three zoonoses (leptospirosis, Q fever, and tularemia) among trappers in Québec, Canada.
- Physician based surveillance system for occupational respiratory diseases: the experience of PROPULSE, Québec, Canada.