Biological and therapeutic effects of honey produced by honey bees and stingless bees: a comparative review
Rao, Pasupuleti Visweswara, Krishnan, Kumara Thevan, Salleh, Naguib, Gan, Siew Hua
Rev. bras. farmacogn.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT Honey is a natural product produced by both honey bees and stingless bees. Both types of honey contain unique and distinct types of phenolic and flavonoid compounds of variable biological and clinical importance. Honey is one of the most effective natural products used for wound healing. In this review, the traditional uses and clinical applications of both honey bee and stingless bee honey – such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anticancer, antihyperlipidemic, and cardioprotective properties; the treatment of eye disorders, gastrointestinal tract diseases, neurological disorders, and fertility disorders and wound healing activity are described.
- Removal of clay by stingless bees: load size and moisture selection
- Handling sticky Resin by Stingless Bees: Adhesive Properties of Surface Structures
- Sequence and expression pattern of the germ line marker vasa in honey bees and stingless bees
- The antibacterial activity of propolis produced by Apis mellifera L. and Brazilian stingless bees
- Regulation of behavioral maturation by a primer pheromone produced by adult worker honey bees