Balloon dilatation of stenosed Blalock-Taussig shunts.
Qureshi, S A
Three patients with complex cyanotic congenital heart disease, who had previously undergone Blalock-Taussig shunt operations, developed severe stenoses at the pulmonary anastomosis of the shunts. All were successfully treated with balloon dilatation, which can thus be considered an effective alternative to reoperation.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1216696
- Balloon dilatation of a stenosed modified (polytetrafluoroethylene) Blalock-Taussig shunt.
- Recanalisation of an occluded modified Blalock-Taussig shunt by balloon dilatation.
- Closure of Blalock-Taussig shunts using a new detachable coil device.
- Transcatheter closure of Blalock-Taussig shunts with a modified Rashkind umbrella delivery system.
- Stenting of a stenosed modified Blalock–Taussig shunt after Norwood‐I palliation for hypoplastic left heart