Applying liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry to assess endodontic sealer microleakage
MICHELOTTO, André Luiz da Costa, GASPARETTO, João Cleverson, CAMPOS, Francinete Ramos, SYDNEY, Gilson Blitzkow, PONTAROLO, Roberto
Braz. oral res.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The objective of this study was to describe a new method for the quantitative analysis of a microleakage of endodontic filling materials. Forty extracted single-rooted teeth were randomly divided into three experimental groups. After root canal shaping, the experimental groups were filled using the lateral condensation technique with the Epiphany system (G1), with gutta-percha + Sealapex (G2), and with gutta-percha + AH Plus (G3). Each root was mounted on a modified leakage testing device, and caffeine solution was used as a tracer (2000 ng mL-1, pH 6.0), applied in the coronal direction towards the tooth apex, creating a hydrostatic pressure of 2.55 kPa. Presence of caffeine in the receiving solution was measured after 10, 30, and 60 days, using high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS/MS). None of the groups presented microleakage at 10 days. At 30 days, G2 and G3 showed similar infiltration patterns (means: 16.0 and 13.9 ng mL-1, respectively), whereas G1 showed significantly higher values (mean: 105.2 ng mL-1). At 60 days, leakage values were 182.6 ng mL-1for G1, 139.0 ng mL-1 for G2, and 53.5 ng mL-1 for G3. AH Plus showed the best sealing ability and HPLC-MS/MS showed high sensitivity and specificity for tracer quantification.
- Pesticide Determination in Water Samples from a Rural Area by Multi-Target Method Applying Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry
- Analysis of Cytokinin Metabolism in ipt Transgenic Tobacco by Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry.
- Determination of Pesticides in Grape Juices by QuEChERS and Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry
- Determination of ametryn in river water, river sediment and bivalve mussels by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry
- Determination of Moxidectin in Serum by Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry and Its Application in Pharmacokinetic Study in Lambs