Application of enzymatic preparations to produce araçá pulp and juice
Sandri, Ivana Greice, Piemolini-Barreto, Luciani Tastch, Fontana, Roselei Claudete, Silveira, Mauricio Moura da
Food Sci. Technol
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
In the present study, the effect of pectinases on the production of pulp and juice of araçá and the presence of bioactive compounds were evaluated. An enzyme extract (EE) produced by Aspergillus niger LB-02-SF in solid state fermentation and the commercial enzyme Ultrazym®AFP-L were used in this study. After enzyme treatment with the EE preparation, the extraction yield increased by 23.1% and viscosity decreased by 42.8%, during pulp maceration. During juice processing, there was an increase of 70.6% in clarification and a decrease of 72.87% in turbidity. Higher values of these parameters, 47.7, 69.0, 80.7, and 79.7%, respectively, were obtained using the Ultrazym®AFP-L, which also led to a significant increase in the polyphenol content, both in the pulp (24%) and in the juice (28%), with a less pronounced effect when the EE was applied (10 and 21%, respectively). The anthocyanins content in the araçá pulp increased after treatment with the commercial preparation (23%), and there was no significant increase with the use of EE. The use of Ultrazym®AFP-L increased the β-carotene content by 29.4% in the fruit pulp, while the treatment with EE did not result in significant changes compared with those of the juice and pulp controls.
- Enzymatic Degradation of Adenosine Triphosphate to Adenine by Cabbage Leaf Preparations. 1
- Ultrasensitive enzymatic radioimmunoassay: application to detection of cholera toxin and rotavirus.
- Fragment detection of Coleopteran and Triatomine insects in experimentally contaminated acai pulp and sugarcane juice
- Application of scanning electron microscopy to the study of skin window preparations.
- Comparative analysis of enzymatic activity of tannase in non-conventional yeasts to produce ellagic acid