Aplicação da técnica de varredura-Z para a determinação de parâmetros térmicos. / Z-scan technique to evaluate thermal parameters.
Fernando Fuzinatto Dall Agnol
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The Z-Scan technique is the most popular one for the determination of the nonlinear index of refraction (n2) of transparent media. In this work we present a theoretical analysis and results of the reflection z-scan technique, aiming the research of thermal effects in highly absorbing materials. Extensions of the technique, such as the time resolved z-scan and the frequency resolved z-scan could be applied to measure thermal effects because they are relatively slow in the materials that we have measured (water, polystyrene and glass). From the linear and quadratic terms of the transmittance time evolution, or, from the second Fourier component of curves obtained in two frequencies, one can extract thermal parameters like: the heat capacity per unit mass and the thermal diffusion coefficient. Thermal properties are of great interest in the manufacture of pieces, and in the study of structure strains and new materials. By the theory presented here, if thermal constants are given, one can distinguish between thermal and electronic effects in samples that present both.
- Development and application of the Z-scan technique with Fourier analysis
- Técnica de varredura-Z com pulsos de femtossegundo e geração de terceiro harmônico
- Implementation of Z-Scan technique with white light continuum generated in a photonic crystal fiber for nonlinear spectrum determination
- Nonlinear optical properties of liquid crystals probed by Z-scan technique
- Estudo experimental da refração não linear em vapor de césio utilizando a técnica z-scan