Antimicrobial susceptibilities of Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae.
The in vitro susceptibilities of 10 isolates of Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae to 16 antimicrobial agents were determined. Penicillin and imipenem were the most active agents, followed by piperacillin, cefotaxime, ciprofloxacin, pefloxacin, and clindamycin. Some resistance was observed with erythromycin, tetracycline, and chloramphenicol. Activity was poor or absent with vancomycin, teicoplanin, daptomycin, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, gentamicin, and netilmicin.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=171989
- ERYSIPELOTHRIX RHUSIOPATHIAE. BACTERIOLOGY AND CHEMOTHERAPY 1
- Mechanism of plasma clotting by Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae.
- Detection of coagulase activity in Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae.
- Cloning and expression in Escherichia coli of a protective antigen of Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae.
- Detection of cytokine activated chondrocytes in arthritic joints from pigs infected with Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae.