Analysis Tool for Passive Optical Access Network
Pinho, P.; Camacho, D.
J. Microw. Optoelectron. Electromagn. Appl.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract Fiber optic access networks have been considered a definitive solution to the constant need for increasingly higher bandwidths. For this reason, PON (Passive Optical Network) have grown enormously in the recent years, offering different solutions to the end customer, whether it is residential or business. However, the PON project is complex and a time-consuming process. This paper is focused on a tool design that, when combined with the schematic of the PON project, performs the survey of all equipment used in the projected cell. This tool provides also the attenuation calculations, as well as the techno-economic study of the network. Simulations were carried out to test the viability of the software, considering the network analysis in two cases: with one service provider using the network or with two service providers sharing it.
- Frequency Domain Interleaving for Dense WDM Passive Optical Network
- A Multilayer Approach for Optical Network Planning
- Energy Efficient Rate Adaptation Algorithm for FiWi Access Network
- A Network-Based System to Improve Care for Schizophrenia: The Medical Informatics Network Tool (MINT)
- A unified framework for shared protection schemes in optical mesh network