Analysis of shifting and reduction of the demand peak with the inserting of photovoltaic systems in the Neoville’s Headquarters of Federal University of Technology - Paraná Curitiba Campus
Mariano, Juliana D’Angela, Urbanetz Junior, Jair
Braz. arch. biol. technol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT Photovoltaic solar energy is increasingly present in the urban environment through the distributed generation. This kind of generation is characterized by the installation along the distribution network feeders, in low or medium voltage, and contribute to provide energy near the point of consumption. In this sense, this study aims to analyze the demand and consumption curves of the buildings of the Federal University of Technology - Paraná (UTFPR) in the Neoville’s headquarters. The methodology consists in the application of COPEL's CAS Hemera platform, in order to determine the potential for the implementation of the Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems in this place, because they allow the reduction of costs with electric energy from the application of distributed generation. In February 2016, a grid-connected photovoltaic system was installed in one of the university’s blocks, which generated approximately 11 MWh of electric energy this year. This work proposes a scenario for the expansion of this photovotaic system and presents the contribution of photovoltaic generation, using the available coverage showing the shifting or reduction of energy demand peaks and the energy contribution to UTFPR's Neoville headquarters. The results of this study show that the proposed scenario will effectively change the profile of the university demand curve.
- The Photovoltaic Generation and its Energy Contribution and Demand Shifting at the Center Headquarters of the Federal University of Technology - Paraná - Campus Curitiba
- Analysis of the Operation of Photovoltaic Systems Installed at Federal University of Technology - Paraná in Curitiba
- Study of the Potential of Photovoltaic Microgeneration and Minigeneration from the Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems Installed at UTFPR Curitiba Campus
- Study of the Performance Reduction Due to the Dirt Effect in the Photovoltaic Systems of UTFPR - Curitiba
- Determination of the Ideal Time for Cleaning of Photovoltaic Panels Aiming at Better Productivity - Case Study of the Implanted Grid-Connected Photovoltaic System at the Federal University of Technology of Paraná