Análise numérica do escoamento em uma sala retangular ventilada por um jato horizontal de parede
Roberto Mathias Susin
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The present work investigates the three-dimensional turbulent airflow in a room ventilated by a horizontal wall jet. The geometry of Nielsen s experiment (Nielsen et al., 1978), for which experimental and numerical results for some turbulence models are available in the current literature, has been adopted in this work. This experiment consists of a rectangular room where the air enters horizontally at the top of one side and leaves the room at the bottom of the opposite side. This study started with the standard k-e model that has been largely used in many engineering applications. In the following, two other eddy viscosity turbulence models were investigated, the RNG k- e and the k- w models. The dimensionless mean velocity profiles, as well as the dimensionless turbulence profiles were obtained for an air inlet-height based Reynolds numbers of 5,000, and compared to experimental data from Nielsen (1990) for several positions in the room and two inlet conditions. All models were able to satisfactory estimate the mean flow and the three-dimensional effects but, due to their intrinsic hypotheses of isotropic turbulence, they could not adequately evaluate the turbulence intensity; The three models did not present a unique tendency for the two analyzed cases. While the RNG k- e model seemed to better represent the case with inlet 50%, it showed on the whole the highest root mean square errors for the case with inlet 100%, where the k- w model was better.
- Simulação numerica do escoamento livre em um canal helicoidal de seção retangular
- Analise experimental e numerica do escoamento e troca de calor turbulentos em um duto retangular com aquecimento assimetrico
- Análise numérica do perfil térmico na parede de um forno rotativo de cimento
- NUMERICAL ANALYSIS OF FLOW PATTERN IN HORIZONTAL TWO-PHASE SLUG FLOW STATISTICALLY PERMANENT
- Estudo de um Novo Modelo Constitutivo de Fluidos Viscoplásticos: Análise Numérica do Escoamento em uma Contração Abrupta 4 : 1.