Aging and primary care: an overview of organizational and behavioral issues in the delivery of healthcare services to older Americans.
An overview of (1) key trends shaping the healthcare environment and market; (2) ways in which these environmental trends are reflected in changes in the organization and delivery of healthcare; (3) the implications of environmental and organizational changes for older Americans; and (4) the research issues that can be addressed using organizational and behavioral theories. This introductory article sets the healthcare scene for the articles that follow.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1070354
- Key challenges in studying organizational issues in the delivery of healthcare to older Americans.
- Organizational structure and the delivery of primary care to older Americans.
- Interorganizational factors affecting the delivery of primary care to older Americans.
- The emerging role of the client in the delivery of primary care to older Americans.
- Toward the Development of a Research Agenda on Organizational Issues in the Delivery of Healthcare to Older Americans