Afidos en plantas ornamentales de Córdoba, Argentina (Hemiptera: Aphididae)
Delfino, Miguel A., Buffa, Liliana M.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The quality of the ornamental plants is closely related to their phytosanitary state, that, in turn, is affected by the activity of some insect groups. Aphids are common pests of nearly all kinds of plants, ornamental plants among them. The fauna associated with aphids that colonize ornamental plants includes honey ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) that establish mutualistic relations, and some parasitoids (Hymenoptera: Braconidae, Aphidiinae) that contribute to the control of the aphid population. Very little is known about the aphids and their associated fauna living on ornamental plants of Cordoba, Argentina. The goal of this work was to identify the aphids that colonize ornamental plants, as well as their associated honey ants and parasitoids. Samples of sprouts, leaves and/or flowers of aphid-colonized ornamental plants of the Jardín Botánico Municipal of Cordoba city were collected weekly, from October 2003 to November 2004. Whenever found, the associated honey ants and "mummies" of aphids atacked by parasitoids were also collected. One hundred and thirty two aphid-plant associations were registered, 64.4% of which were unknown in the country. In 33.3% of these associations, the aphids were tended by honey ants whereas the presence of aphid parasitoids was registered in 16.7%. Ninety five species of ornamental plants were colonized by 41 aphid species, whereas six ant species tended 10 aphid species. Aphid parasitoids were represented by four species related to 11 aphid species.
- Cochinillas (Hemiptera: Coccoidea) presentes en plantas ornamentales de la Argentina
- Uroleucon bereticum (E.E. Blanchard) (Hemiptera: Aphididae) e sua nova espécie endêmica de parasitóide na Argentina
- Plantas infestantes hospedeiras de Rhopalosiphum rufiabdominalis (Sasaki) (Hemiptera: Aphididae) em áreas de cultivo de arroz irrigado
- Uma nova espécie de Impatientinum Mordvilko (Hemiptera: Aphididae) no Brasil
- Primeiro registro de Aphis craccivora Koch 1854 (Hemiptera: Aphididae) sobre plantas daninhas em Santa Maria, RS