Adjuvant activity of synthetic 6-O-"mycoloyl"-N-acetylmuramyl-L-alanyl-D-isoglutamine and related compounds.
Adjuvant and antitumor activities of synthetic 6-O-"mycoloyl"-N-acetylmuramyl-L-alanyl-D-isoglutamine were examined. All the synthetic 6-O-corynomycoloyl-, 6-O-mocardomycoloyl-, and 6-O-mycoloyl-N-acetylmuramyl-L-alanyl-D-isoglutamine were active as adjuvants for cell-mediated immune responses. However, 6-O-mycoloyl-N-acetylmuramyl-L-alanyl-D-isoglutamine was less active as an adjuvant on circulating antibody formation. It was shown that pyrogenic activity of N-acetylmuramyldipeptide was reduced by 6-O-acylation with mycolic acid, but not with nocardomycolic or corynomycolic acid. Tumor-suppression activity was observed by the synthetic 6-O-mycoloyl-N-acetylmuramyl-L-alanyl-D-isoglutamine by using transplantable tumor in syngenic mice.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=421900
- Adjuvant activity of 6-O-mycoloyl derivatives of N-acetylmuramyl-L-seryl-D-isoglutamine and related compounds in mice and guinea pigs.
- Adjuvant activity of mycobacterial fractions: adjuvant activity of synthetic N-acetylmuramyl-dipeptide and the related compounds.
- Possible Chemotaxis of Human Monocytes by N-Acetylmuramyl-l-Alanyl-d-Isoglutamine
- Kinetics of the humoral and cellular immune response of guinea pigs after injection of the synthetic adjuvant N-acetylmuramyl L-alanyl-D-isoglutamine: comparison with Freund complete adjuvant.
- Adjuvant activity of carbohydrate analogs of N-acetylmuramyl-L-alanyl-D-isoglutamine on the induction of delayed-type hypersensitivity to azobenzenearsonate-N-acetyl-L-tyrosine in guinea pigs.