A RENEWABLE CATALYST FOR A RENEWABLE CHEMICAL: GRAM-SCALE CONVERSION OF FURFURAL TO FURFURYL ALCOHOL BY THE CARROT (Daucus carota)
Omori, Alvaro T.; Capeletto, Marina G.; Yamamoto, Daniela Y.; Oliveira Filho, Ronaldo E. de
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The bioconversion of furfural to furfuryl alcohol using only carrot bits in water at room temperature and ambient pressure is presented. This reaction led to the bioreduction of furfural with 99% conversion and 99% selectivity to an alcohol. This simple and “fully” green process may represent an alternative to classic hydrogenation processes. Also, without work-up procedure, we demonstrate the aqueous solution can be submitted to microwave irradiation to obtain 4-hydroxy-2-cyclopentenone.
- Comparison of carrot (Daucus carota) drying in microwave and in vacuum microwave
- Effect of Intracellular Glutathione Level on the Production of 6-Methoxymellein in Cultured Carrot (Daucus carota) Cells.
- Vacuum drying of carrot (Daucus carota) and pumpkin (Cucurbita maxima) : a study of the characteristics of the process
- cDNA cloning of carrot (Daucus carota) soluble acid beta-fructofuranosidases and comparison with the cell wall isoenzyme.
- Condicionamento osmótico de sementes de cenoura (Daucus carota L.)