A new species of the sharpshooter genus Dasmeusa (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae: Cicadellini) from Central Amazon
Pecly, Nathalia H.
Rev. Bras. entomol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT A new species of the genus Dasmeusa Melichar, 1926 is described and illustrated from specimens collected in the State of Amazonas, Northern Brazil. Dasmeusa imperialis sp. nov. can be distinguished from the five known species of the genus, as well as from those of closely related genera, by the following combination of features: dorsum yellow with orange, preapical transverse irregular stripe on forewing; male pygofer moderately produced posteriorly, with posterior margin broadly rounded; style without preapical lobe, narrow and truncate apically; aedeagus with robust apical process directed ventrally, ventral margin of this process dentate; paraphyses with pair of dorsal dentiform projections on stalk, rami slender and directed posterodorsally; posterior margin of female sternite VII with small quadrate lobe; first ovipositor valvula with dentiform apex; second ovipositor valvula with apical third directed ventrally. This paper includes the first detailed description and illustrations of the female terminalia of a Dasmeusa species. In addition, the known geographic distribution of the genus is presented; D. pauperata (Fabricius, 1803) is newly recorded from the Brazilian states of Roraima, Amazonas, Pará, Sergipe, and Bahia; the records from the last two states are interesting because they are from areas of Atlantic Forest. Previously, the genus was known only from the Amazon Forest.
- A new species of Fingeriana (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae: Cicadellini)
- A new species of the sharpshooter genus Cardioscarta (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae) from Bolivia and Peru
- A new genus and species of Cicadellini (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae) from the Brazilian Atlantic Rainforest
- On the sharpshooter Versigonalia (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae: Cicadellini): Versigonalia lentiginosa nom. nov., redescription of V. vermiculata comb. nov., and key to species of the genus
- A new species of Tipuana (Auchenorrhyncha: Cicadellidae: Cicadellini) from the state of Amazonas, Brazil, with a key to males of the genus