A New Approach for Robust Design Optimization Based on the Concepts of Fuzzy Logic and Preference Function
Babaei, Ali Reza, Setayandeh, Mohammad Reza
J. Aerosp. Technol. Manag.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT: In this study, an efficient methodology is proposed for robust design optimization by using preference function and fuzzy logic concepts. In this method, the experience of experts is used as an important source of information during the design optimization process. The case study in this research is wing design optimization of Boeing 747. Optimization problem has two objective functions (wing weight and wing drag) so that they are transformed into new forms of objective functions based on fuzzy preference functions. Design constraints include transformation of fuel tank volume and lift coefficient into new constraints based on fuzzy preference function. The considered uncertainties are cruise velocity and altitude, which Monte Carlo simulation method is used for modeling them. The non-dominated sorting genetic algorithm is used as the optimization algorithm that can generate set of solutions as Pareto frontier. Ultimate distance concept is used for selecting the best solution among Pareto frontier. The results of the probabilistic analysis show that the obtained configuration is less sensitive to uncertainties.
- An approach to design feedback controllers for flight control systems employing the concepts of gain scheduling and optimization.
- Classification of the severity of diabetic neuropathy: a new approach taking uncertainties into account using fuzzy logic
- Construction duration predictive model based on factorial analysis and fuzzy logic
- Aligning information security with the image of the organization and prioritization based on fuzzy logic for the industrial automation sector
- Reliability-based design optimization strategies based on FORM: a review