Anti Trichomonas Vaginalis
Mostrando 1-12 de 19 artigos, teses e dissertações.
1. Isolamento, investigação química e avaliação do potencial antibiótico, antibiofilme e anti-trichomonas vaginalis de fungos associados a organismos marinhos da costa sul do Brasil / Isolation, chemical investigation and evaluation of antibiotic, antibiofilm and anti-Trichomonas vaginalisactivities of fungi associated to marine organisms from south brazilian coast
Fungi isolated from marine organisms attract the interest of many researchers around the world, since they produce differentiated secondary metabolites due to the environmental conditions to which these organisms are subjected. Several biological activities have been reported for these compounds, mainly as antitumoral, antibacterial and, antiprotozoal. The i
IBICT - Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia. Publicado em: 2012
2. Atividade anti-trichomonas vaginalis de moléculas produzidas por basidiomicetos
The flagellated protozoan, Trichomonas vaginalis, causes trichomonosis, the most common non-viral sexual transmitted disease (STD) in the world. Metronidazole and tinidazole are two drugs of choice recommended by Food and Drug Administration (FDA, USA) for treatment of human trichomonosis. However, clinical or laboratory-generated drug-resistant isolates of
IBICT - Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia. Publicado em: 2011
3. Atividade anti-trichomonas vaginalis de alcaloides de amaryllidaceae e análogos de poliaminas : análise química, semi-síntese e investigação do mecanismo de ação
A família Amaryllidaceae é reconhecida como fonte de compostos bioativos, sendo o isolamento e elucidação estrutural de seus alcaloides, aliado às avaliações farmacológicas, um tema importante. Estudos mostram que o mecanismo de ação da citotoxicidade desses alcaloides é seletivo e depende da linhagem celular. Trichomonas vaginalis é um protozoá
Publicado em: 2010
4. Equilíbrio imunológico na tricomonose : a resposta imune do hospedeiro versus os mecanismos de evasão do parasito
Trichomonas vaginalis é o protozoário flagelado causador da tricomonose, a doença sexualmente transmissível não viral mais comum no mundo. O objetivo deste trabalho foi realizar uma revisão bibliográfica sobre a resposta imune do hospedeiro durante a tricomonose, os mecanismos de evasão do parasito e os efeitos destes no desenvolvimento da doença. N
Publicado em: 2010
5. Antibody to Trichomonas vaginalis in human cervicovaginal secretions.
Human cervicovaginal secretions were obtained from patients at the Gynecology and Obstetrics Clinics at National Taiwan University Hospital and Cathay General Hospital, Republic of China. Among the 500 patients examined, 33 (6.6%) were infected with Trichomonas vaginalis as determined by the culture method. Secretions from 24 of the infected patients and 30
6. Effect of heat inactivation of sera on anti-Trichomonas vaginalis IgG ELISA.
7. Immunoglobulin isotypes of anti-Trichomonas vaginalis antibodies in patients with vaginal trichomoniasis.
Studies of anti-Trichomonas vaginalis antibodies in patients with vaginal trichomoniasis were undertaken in attempts to identify the predominant antibody isotype produced and to delineate clinically significant antigens. The total antibody content of serum samples from 23 patients was determined by an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) that employed a
8. Monoclonal-antibody-based enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for Trichomonas vaginalis.
Trichomonas vaginalis is estimated to infect 4 million women per year in the United States. The diagnosis of trichomoniasis is predominantly achieved by direct microscopic examination of vaginal exudates. This subjective diagnostic procedure is reported to be 75% sensitive under ideal circumstances. We have developed an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELI
9. Antibody in sera of patients infected with Trichomonas vaginalis is to trichomonad proteinases.
BACKGROUND--A recent report demonstrated the immunogenic character of the cysteine proteinases of Trichomonas vaginalis. It was of interest, therefore, to examine for the presence of serum anti-proteinase antibody among patients with trichomoniasis. METHODS--An immunoprecipitation assay was used involving protein A-bearing Staphylococcus aureus first coated
10. Ornidazole: a new antiprotozoal compound for treatment of Trichomonas vaginalis infection.
A new anti-protozoal compound, ornidazole, a derivative of nitroimidazole, was given in a single 2 g dose to 20 women with Trichomonas vaginalis infection. All the women were cured, but they suffered some side-effects. Plasma levels of ornidazole reached a peak five to eight times higher than minimum inhibitory concentrations and exceeded this level for at l
11. Identification of immunogenic and antibody-binding membrane proteins of pathogenic Trichomonas vaginalis.
Characterization of immunogenic Trichomonas vaginalis membrane proteins was accomplished by using extrinsically and intrinsically labeled organisms and a highly sensitive and specific radioimmunoprecipitation procedure. Intact motile trichomonads were compared with detergent extracts as a source of antigen in radioimmunoprecipitation experiments. Approximate
12. Trifluoromethionine, a Prodrug Designed against Methionine γ-Lyase-Containing Pathogens, Has Efficacy In Vitro and In Vivo against Trichomonas vaginalis
Methionine γ-lyase, the enzyme which catalyzes the single-step conversion of methionine to α-ketobutyrate, ammonia, and methanethiol, is highly active in many anaerobic pathogenic microorganisms but has no counterpart in mammals. This study tested the hypothesis that this pathogen-specific enzyme can be exploited as a drug target by prodrugs that are exclu
American Society for Microbiology.