Resultado da pesquisa
Mostrando 265-276 de 458 artigos, teses e dissertações.
265. Papel da colonoscopia com magnificação de imagem associada à cromoscopia no diagnóstico diferencial entre lesões neoplásicas e não-neoplásicas do intestino grosso / Course of neonatal bacterial meningitis according to birth weight
O Câncer colorretal (CCR) é um problema de saúde importante devido a sua incidência e mortalidade elevadas. O rastreamento e o diagnóstico precoce são a principal estratégia para diminuir a mortalidade pelo CCR. A colonoscopia convencional (CC), constitui o melhor método para o diagnóstico precoce do CCR e para o diagnóstico e tratamento das lesõe
Publicado em: 2005
266. Occurrence of Haemophilus influenzae strains in three Brazilian states since the introduction of a conjugate Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine
Few vaccines in history have induced such a dramatic decline in incidence over such a short period of time as the Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate. This vaccine was introduced in 1988 in the United States, but only in 1999 was Hib immunization introduced by the Brazilian Ministry of Health as part of the routine infant National Immunization Prog
Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research. Publicado em: 01/05/2005
267. Prevention and Cure of Systemic Escherichia coli K1 Infection by Modification of the Bacterial Phenotype
Escherichia coli is a common cause of meningitis and sepsis in the newborn infant, and the large majority of isolates from these infections produce a polysialic acid (PSA) capsular polysaccharide, the K1 antigen, that protects the bacterial cell from immune attack. We determined whether a capsule-depolymerizing enzyme, by removing this protective barrier, co
American Society for Microbiology.
268. Comparison of Phadebact coagglutination tests with counterimmunoelectrophoresis for the detection of bacterial antigens in cerebrospinal fluid.
One hundred and seventeen specimens of cerebrospinal fluid from 94 patients were examined for the presence of pneumococcal and Haemophilus influenzae type b antigens using counterimmunoelectrophoresis and coagglutination tests. The coagglutination method using Phadebact reagents was as sensitive as counterimmunoelectrophoresis, but culture was a more sensiti
269. Representação social de pais de crianças com meningite bacteriana
The bacterial meningitis is an infection, which causes inflammation of the meninges that can lead to permanent neurological and/or motor related damages when affecting individuaIs less than 5 years old. The disease was studied from the moment it becomes a social disease due to the pre-established thoughts that allowing individuaIs to recognize as a social di
Publicado em: 2001
270. IgG2 immunodeficiency: association to pediatric patients with bacterial meningoencephalitis
An IgG subclass deficiency is often associated with bacterial infections. We studied four pediatric patients suffering from meningoencephalitis, two of them due to Streptococcus pneumoniae and two due to Haemophilus influenzae type b. Simultaneous diagnostic serum and cerebrospinal fluid samples were taken during income. The four subclasses of IgG and albumi
Arquivos de Neuro-Psiquiatria. Publicado em: 01/03/2000
271. Study of the incidence of non-meningo coccal meningitis in Ribeirao Preto(Brasil) in the years 1998 to 2005. / Estudo da ocorrência de meningites não meningocócicas no município de Ribeirão Preto - SP, no período de 1998 a 2005
O objetivo deste trabalho foi estudar a ocorrência de meningites não meningo cócicas no município de Ribeirão Preto, Estado de São Paulo, no período compreendido entre 1998 e 2005. Foi realizado um estudo epidemiológico descritivo centralizado na Divisão de Vigilância Epidemiológica da Secretaria Municipal de Saúde de Ribeirão Preto, a partir do
Publicado em: 2007
272. THE FIRST CASE OF Angiostrongylus cantonensis EOSINOPHILIC MENINGITIS DIAGNOSED IN THE CITY OF SÃO PAULO, BRAZIL
Introdução: Angiostrongylus cantonensis é um parasito natural das artérias de pulmões de ratos, que pode causar, em humanos, meningite eosinofílica. Objetivo: Relatar o primeiro caso de meningite eosinofílica causado por A. cantonensis na cidade de São Paulo, Brasil. Relato de caso: Paciente do s
Rev. Inst. Med. Trop. Sao Paulo. Publicado em: 31/03/2013
273. Antimicrobial resistance among invasive Haemophilus influenzae strains: results of a Brazilian study carried out from 1996 through 2000
A total of 1712 strains of Haemophilus influenzae isolated from patients with invasive diseases were obtained from ten Brazilian states from 1996 to 2000. ß-Lactamase production was assessed and the minimum inhibitory concentrations (MIC) of ampicillin, chloramphenicol, ceftriaxone and rifampin were determined using a method for broth microdilution of Haemo
Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research. Publicado em: 01/11/2002
274. Management of listeriosis.
Determination of the MIC in vitro is often used as the basis for predicting the clinical efficacy of antibiotics. Listeriae are uniformly susceptible in vitro to most common antibiotics except cephalosporins and fosfomycin. However, the clinical outcome is poor. This is partially because listeriae are refractory to the bactericidal mechanisms of many antibio
275. Haemophilus influenzae type b infection in childhood: history of bacteremia and antigenemia.
Groups of children (mean age, 31.4 months) with Haemophilus influenzae type b meningitis, epiglottitis, or septic arthritis were tested for the presence and levels of bacteremia, capsular polyribophosphate (PRP) antigenemia, and development of specific antibody in serum after the onset of acute illness. Although bacteremia cleared promptly after antibiotic t
276. Development of polymerase chain reaction assays for detection of Listeria monocytogenes in clinical cerebrospinal fluid samples.
In order to improve the diagnosis of Listeria meningitis or meningoencephalitis, especially in patients who have received antibiotics before their cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) has been examined, two assays for the detection of Listeria monocytogenes based on the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) were evaluated. After a standard PCR, the amplified DNA was detected