Mostrando 1-12 de 17 artigos, teses e dissertações.
1. Condutas Profissionais
Uma visão do mercado profissional da gastronomia. O trabalho aborda com especificidade a situação do mercado gastronômico nacional, trazendo à luz uma discussão de condutas relativas a profissão e o significado da profissão em si.
Publicado em: 10/06/2014
2. The convex relationship between performance and net flows of mutual funds in Brazil / A relação convexa entre desempenho e captação de fundos de investimento no Brasil
This paper researches the relationship between performance and net flows of mutual funds in Brazil. For this purpose, I used panel data to regress monthly net flows to risk-adjusted and not risk-adjusted performance of several terms. I study this relationship for equities and hedge funds. There is a positive and significant relationship between the net flows
Publicado em: 2010
3. O futebol explica o Brasil: o caso da Copa de 70
This dissertation is aimed at understanding the relations between soccer, politics and society in Brazil, viewed by the entire world as the Country of Soccer. The intention here is to consider soccer as one of the most important vehicles used by Brazilians to express themselves and to overcome their regional and social differences. This approach is urgent, b
Publicado em: 2006
4. Effects of a Mutator Mutation of Salmonella typhimurium on P22 and R Factor Genes
A mutator mutation of Salmonella typhimurium, observed in a strain resistant to P22 and rifampin, affects mutation rates of bacterial, R factor, and prophage P22 genes.
5. Pyrophosphate inhibition of rho ATPase: a mechanism of coupling to RNA polymerase activity.
The effects of pyrophosphate on RNA binding and ATPase activities of Escherichia coli transcription termination factor rho have been studied. Mutant rho-115 protein has a temperature-sensitive RNA-dependent ATPase activity due to the thermolability of binding to RNA [Kent, R.B. & Guterman, S.K. (1981) Fed. Proc. Fed. Am. Soc. Exp. Biol. 40, 1765 (abstr.)]. T
6. Temperature-sensitive ribonucleic acid polymerase mutant of Salmonella typhimurium with a defect in the beta' subunit.
Localized mutagenes of Salmonella typhimurium followed by a [3H]uridine enrichment procedure yielded a temperature-sensitive strain with a mutation in the rpo region of the chromosome. Ribonucleic acid (RNA) polymerase (EC 184.108.40.206; nucleoside triphosphate: RNA nucleotidyltransferase) purified from this mutant was considerably less active at the nonpermissive
7. Genes affecting coliphage BF23 and E colicin sensitivity in Salmonella typhimurium.
Rough strains of Salmonella typhimurium were sensitive to coliphage BF23. Spontaneous mutants resistant to BF23 (bfe) were isolated, and the trait was mapped using phage P1. The bfe gene in S. typhimurium was located between argF (66% co-transducible) and rif (61% co-transducible). The BF23-sensitive S. typhimurium strains were not sensitive to the E colicin
8. Colicin B: Mode of Action and Inhibition by Enterochelin
Adsorption of colicin B to a sensitive strain of Escherichia coli results in rapid cessation of deoxyribonucleic acid, ribonucleic acid, and protein synthesis. Some classes of mutants insensitive to colicin B hyperexcrete a colicin inhibitor into their growth medium. This inhibitor functions by preventing adsorption of colicin B and does not rescue cells to
9. Excretion of Enterochelin by exbA and exbB Mutants of Escherichia coli
Escherichia coli mutants that are insensitive to colicins B and I hyperproduce and excrete the iron chelator enterochelin, which is an inhibitor of these colicins. These mutants are classified as exbA and exbB. The exbA mutants are chromium sensitive and require iron for growth, and the mutations are located in the tonB region at min 25 of the E. coli chromo
10. Directed evolution of a protein: selection of potent neutrophil elastase inhibitors displayed on M13 fusion phage.
Inhibitors of human neutrophil elastase were engineered by designing and producing a library of phage-displayed protease inhibitory domains derived from wild-type bovine pancreatic trypsin inhibitor and fractionating the library for binding to the target protease. The affinity of one of the engineered variants for human neutrophil elastase (Kd = 1.0 pM) is 3
11. Rho and Ribosome Mutation Interaction: Lethality of rho-15 in rpsL or rpsE Strains, and rho-15 Methionine Auxotrophy in rps+ Strains of ESCHERICHIA COLI
The phenotype of Escherichia coli K-12 carrying rho-15 in the genetic background DW319 ilv lacZ::IS1 is described. Seventy-eight percent (70/90) of Ilv+ transductants acquired the following phenotype: temperature-sensitive growth on minimal salts medium, Ts+ growth on complex medium and suppression of the lac polar mutation. At 42° on minimal medium, the rh
12. Rose Scent: Genomics Approach to Discovering Novel Floral Fragrance–Related GenesW⃞
For centuries, rose has been the most important crop in the floriculture industry; its economic importance also lies in the use of its petals as a source of natural fragrances. Here, we used genomics approaches to identify novel scent-related genes, using rose flowers from tetraploid scented and nonscented cultivars. An annotated petal EST database of ∼210
American Society of Plant Biologists.