Urethral dysfunction due to alloxan-induced diabetes. Urodynamic evaluation and action of sildenafil citrate
Pegorare, Ana Beatriz Gomes de Souza
Acta Cir. Bras.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
PURPOSE: To evaluate the effect of diabetes mellitus and of sildenafil citrate on female urethral function. METHODS: Twenty nine female rats were divided into four groups: G1 - (n=9), normal rats; G2 - (n=6), normal rats treated with sildenafil citrate; G3 - (n=9) rats with alloxan-induced diabetes; G4 - (n=5) rats with alloxan-induced diabetes treated with sildenafil citrate. Under anesthesia, urodynamic evaluation was performed by cystometry and urethral pressure simultaneously. RESULTS: A significant increase in urethral pressure was observed during micturition. CONCLUSION: Sildenafil citrate can partially reduced urethral pressure in diabetic female rats.
- Urethral dysfunction due to alloxan-induced diabetes. Urodynamic and morphological evaluation
- Long term evaluation of functional and morphological bladder alterations on alloxan-induced diabetes and aging: experimental study in rats
- Long term evaluation of morphometric and ultrastructural changes of testes of alloxan-induced diabetic rats
- Oxidative stress is not associated with vascular dysfunction in a model of alloxan-induced diabetic rats
- Enamel hypoplasia in a litter of rats with alloxan-induced diabetes mellitus