From numerical calculations to materials testing homologation: a biaxial fatigue reliability prediction methodology for structural components
Spinelli, Daniel Muller
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
This article investigates a fatigue approach conducted from the design phase to testing approval. It considerers modern analytical and experimental tools for structural durability assessment over each development phase for two reference components aiming an early approval methodology validation for a new design. A Finite element analysis procedure was used to set critical spots for measurements minimizing the data acquisition efforts. Based on measured data, strain life calculation was done for two reference components in order to set the release goals for a new design submitted to this approach. An innovative fatigue experimental technique is proposed using component extracted specimens and an edited input cycle loads. Considering the random data from a standard test track and signal proportionality evaluation, while assuming the Brown Miller equation for bi-axial fatigue together with Ramberg-Osgood model, equivalent damage load blocks were edited and used as input for durability assessment on specimens representing the component material. The results for the three parts materials were plotted as Weibull diagram for B10 life estimation. Fatigue life results showed good correlation with the reference parts structural performance thus validating the method as well as approving the new design for production without additional on-vehicle durability testing. The methodology and the fatigue testing proposal is therefore recommended for future applications on similar developments.
- Metodologia enxuta para desenvolvimento de componentes estruturais, suportada por ferramentas de projeto, processo de manufatura e ensaios de materiais
- A methodology for noise prediction of turbofan engines.
- Dye to use with virus challenge for testing barrier materials.
- Development of a Methodology for Structural and Mechanical Characterization of Extended Sheets Made from Stainless Steels
- Application of a formal testing methodology to wireless telephony networks
Em Alta Sponsored Links