Comportamento do centro de pressão durante diferentes atividades mastigatórias em indivíduos com e sem disfunção temporomandibular. / Behavior of the center of pressure during different mastigatórias activities in individuals with and without disfunção temporomandibular.
Cid André Fidelis de Paula Gomes
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The aim of this study was to analyze the behavior of the Center of Pressure (COP) in subjects with and without the TMD diagnose during the mandibular rest and the non-habitual (isotonic) bilateral masticatory activity, unilateral (right and left) and mandibular rest restore. The subject that fall in the inclusion criteria were evaluated according to the Research Diagnostic Criteria for Temporomandibular Disorder RDC/TMD (axis I and II), were divided in 2 groups, TMD group and Control Group. Afterwards, the volunteers from both groups were evaluated through eletromiography and stabilometry, simultaneously. The eletromiographyc signs of the anterior temporalis and masseter muscles were evaluated, and the stabilometric variables: the COPap and COPml displacement, center of pressure area during the non-habitual masticatory activity, unilateral and bilateral, 2 repetitions for each condition were performed, collection time was 120 seconds, for each condition, open and closed eyes. Related to the applied diagnose from RDC/TMD, it was found that TMD compromises diverse structure of the stomatognatic system, being characterized by multiple diagnoses for groups of RDC/TMD, especially muscular and joint compromises, in less number of diagnose for only one group. Between these diagnoses it was fond that the evaluation of the mouth opening, showed to be a insufficient parameter on the evaluation of the TMD compromise. For the stabilometric evaluated variables, it was observed a decrease tendency of the analyzed variables when the mastication were performed, occurring a stabilization of the posture and a increasing of the activity when the mastication stimuli was ceased. Although some of the evaluated variables presented statistical significant difference during the masticatory activity, these results were not enough to confirm any influence of the mastication on the postural balance, due none of the presented variables influenced on the open and closed eye condition, occurring only on the most times, when the visual condition was removed.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www4.uninove.br/tedeSimplificado/tde_oai/oai3.php/tde_busca/arquivo.php?codArquivo=467
- Comportamento dos musculos masseter e temporal em individuos classe I de angle com diferentes classificações de disfunção temporomandibular : estudo eletromiografico
- HIPERMOBILIDADE ARTICULAR GENERALIZADA EM INDIVÍDUOS COM DISFUNÇÃO TEMPOROMANDIBULAR
- Estudo clínico e eletromiográfico de músculos cervicais em mulheres com e sem disfunção temporomandibular
- Avaliação ultrassonográfica da musculatura do sistema estomatognático em indivíduos com disfunção temporomandibular muscular
- Oclusais evaluation of the face morphology, contacts and eletromiográfica activity of mastigatórios muscles in adolescents with and without disfunção temporomandibular.