Mostrando 1-12 de 17 artigos, teses e dissertações.
1. De-ice e Anti-ice por sistema Termoelétrico
Projeto Aplicado apresentado como requisito de avaliação do curso de manutenção de aeronaves do Centro Universitário UNA para aprovação perante a banca examinadora. Como tema principal os problemas provenientes da formação de gelo sobre a aeronave e como pode ser evitado.
Publicado em: 17/04/2017
2. Heat and mass transfer in two-phase flow around airfoils with aeronautical anti-ice systems. / Transferência de calor e massa no escoamento bifásico em torno de aerofólios equipados com sistemas de antigelo aeronáuticos.
It is required to prevent ice accretion on wings and horizontal stabilizers because it may cause aerodynamic performance degradation, weight increase, flight control difficulties and, in critical cases, may lead to operational safety margins reduction. When aircraft flies through clouds containnig supercooled water droplets, which are in metastable equilibri
Publicado em: 2009
3. Avaliação antimicrobiana de antissépticos bucais e antifúngicos sobre Candida spp. isoladas na saliva de pacientes oncológicos / Antimicrobial assessment of mouthwashes and antifungals against Candida spp. isolated in the saliva of cancer patients.
A ocorrência de leveduras do gênero Candida spp. constitui uma ameaça a saúde bucal de pacientes oncológicos submetidos ao tratamento antineoplásico. Diante do exposto,objetivou-se no estudo avaliar as variáveis clínicas de pacientes oncológicos portadores ou não de Candida spp. na saliva; estimar a prevalência dessas cepas, avaliar a atividade an
Publicado em: 2009
4. Reynolds number effect on the heat transfer mechanisms in aircraft hot air anti-ice system.
The primary means of preventing ice formation on wings and engine inlets for modern commercial transport aircraft is by extracting hot air from the compressor and blowing it on the inside surface of the leading edge through small holes drilled in the so-called piccolo tube system. A critical aspect in the design of such system is the prediction of heat trans
IBICT. Publicado em: 25/03/2008
5. Avaliação da atividade antimicrobiana do vinagre em cortes de dianteiro bovino embalado a vacuo. / Evaluation of anti-microbiotic activity of vinegar in cuts of frontal cattle packed on hollow.
The objective of this work was to verify the effect of vinegar in the concentration of 2,4% of acidity, which was determined from the test of inhibitory minimal concentration (IMC), about the macrobiotic presents in cuts of frontal cattle, packed on hollow. It was analyzed frontal cuts from 14 bovine carcasses, males or females, Without Defined Race (WDR), a
Publicado em: 2006
6. Modelagem e simulação da operação de sistema antigelo eletrotérmico de um aerofólio. / Modeling and simlulation of an electro-thermal airfoil anti-ice system operation.
An electro-thermal anti-ice system was simulated with a mathematical model developed in the present work. A 44.7 m/s (100 mph) and 89.4 m/s (200 mph) full potential flow around a 0.914 m (3 ft) chord NACA0012 airfoil with 0° angle of attack and the local water catch efficiency of 20 μm median volumetric diameter droplets impingement were calculated by
Publicado em: 2002
7. Estabilidade da vacina anti-rábica liofilizada e reconstituída: amostra SAD
A estabilidade da vacina anti-rábica amostra SAD foi testada frente a diferentes condições de conservação. Um "pool" de 10 frascos de vacina anti-rábica amostra SAD dc um laboratório comercial do Brasil, elaborada em cultivo celular (BHK²¹) foi reconstituído e testado quanto à potência e eficiência em diferentes temperaturas: banho de gelo, 25°
IBICT. Publicado em: 13/12/1996
8. IL-1β-converting enzyme (caspase-1) in intestinal inflammation
IL-1β-converting enzyme (ICE; caspase-1) is the intracellular protease that cleaves the precursors of IL-1β and IL-18 into active cytokines. In the present study, the effect of ICE deficiency was evaluated during experimental colitis in mice. In acute dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis, ICE-deficient (ICE KO) mice exhibited a greater than 50% decrease
The National Academy of Sciences.
9. IL-12–induced IFN-γ is dependent on caspase-1 processing of the IL-18 precursor
IL-12 and IL-18 are IFN-γ–inducing cytokines. In the present study, the role of endogenous IL-18 in the induction of IFN-γ by IL-12 was investigated in mice. In the presence of a specific inhibitor of caspase-1 (also known as IL-1β–converting enzyme, or ICE) IL-12–induced IFN-γ from splenocytes was reduced by 85%. Using splenocytes from ICE-deficie
American Society for Clinical Investigation.
10. Specific cleavage of the retinoblastoma protein by an ICE-like protease in apoptosis.
Interleukin 1beta-converting enzyme-like (ICE-like) proteases are important mediators of apoptosis in diverse cell types and organisms. However, the role of these proteases in apoptosis cannot be satisfactorily explained on the basis of the physiological functions of their known substrates. Here we show that the C-terminal 42 amino acid peptide of the retino
11. Pivotal role of a DEVD-sensitive step in etoposide-induced and Fas-mediated apoptotic pathways.
We investigated the role of proteases in the pathway that leads from specific DNA damage induced by etoposide (VP-16), a topoisomerase II inhibitor, to apoptotic DNA fragmentation in the U937 human leukemic cell line. In a reconstituted cell-free system, Triton-soluble extracts from VP-16-treated cells induced internucleosomal DNA fragmentation in nuclei fro
12. Human Coronavirus 229E Binds to CD13 in Rafts and Enters the Cell through Caveolae
CD13, a receptor for human coronavirus 229E (HCoV-229E), was identified as a major component of the Triton X-100-resistant membrane microdomain in human fibroblasts. The incubation of living fibroblasts with an anti-CD13 antibody on ice gave punctate labeling that was evenly distributed on the cell surface, but raising the temperature to 37°C before fixatio
American Society for Microbiology.